My inspiration for this was gained after going back to my early blogging days. I was https://thefidd.blogspot.com I can not believe I first started out in February 2008. On occasion I'll copy and paste a blog from WordPress to that venue also. Should anyone be interested the old blogs are all still there. Two more upcoming blogs are on the front burner. After this will be, The return of our four greats to the Netherlands & G & Pappy's European adventure. Following that will be, "A Wedding in our Living Room." So, if at all interested, stay tuned.

My First Blog - 02/11/08 @ 1545 hrs.

Blog, kind of sounds like a cold, or a zit or some kind of an affliction. My first day with a blog, now what do I do with it? Well to start off I'll let the world know how I start my day on the Internet. My start up page is http//refdesk.com Having spent twenty years in Connecticut I next go to http://www.courant.com/ to check on the local news and how the UCONN Huskies are doing in any given season. I'm a forty year Huskie fan. http://www.uconnhuskies.com/ Next up, but sometimes #1 is the weather. While in the Marine Corps, way back when, I was in Weather as an occupation with Rawinsonde as a sub specialty. http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/marineenjobs/bl68.htm I use a verity of weather related sites www.nws.noaa.gov/ #1, my other favorites are www.accuweather.com and www.weatherunderground.com During the Hurricane season I live by the National Hurricane Center. www.nhc.noaa.gov/ I have friends and family in CT, FL, CA, and affections to Key West, FL, Pagosa Springs, CO, Flagstaff, AZ and Ireland and Germany. So, I usually check on the weather in those places.Next it's off to the Washington Post and Washington Times to get two diametric views on the news. www.washingtonpost.comwww.washingtontimes.com After the two DC papers I go to Google News, which I have preference settings in and glance over that. Next is onto my mail servers. From then on I usually have a Memo Pad with notes on things to look up and it's off I go. This all starts shortly after I get up, usually around 0500. Once downstairs it's a hot cup of tea to start the day. Here, I've given the world the start of my day for the start of a BLOG. I shall end this bantering with saying Cead Mile Failte - OMG

This weeks Blog

We recently had a visit from son Matthew & family who reside in Connecticut. Two of his and wife Beth's four children made the trip with them. The boys, David in New York, Brooklyn to be exact and Kevin, deployed to Kosovo for a year with the CT National Guard, 1/169th Inf.. did not make the trip. 

Matt & Beth, OC, MD August 2021

Jill, a soon to be Junior at Siena University and Rebecca a soon to be Junior in High School did make the trip. It was great getting to spend some time with them.

The crew of four spent three days with us, mostly in Kathy and Jeffs pool while they were returning greats to Europe. When they departed here they headed to Ocean City, MD for three days in a condo and beach time on the sand. We joined them on their last day for breakfast and to say good by. Prior to leaving OC we stopped at https://www.rosenfeldsjewishdeli.com and brought our next meal home with us.

https://www.siena.edu/

There is no doubt the girls will make their mark in our society in years to come.

I could not help but reflect on days gone by and the many trips north to visit over the past thirty-three years. When we were there, and the children were young, I read one of the many children's books in their libraries. I would like to think that in some small way I had a hand in their using their imaginations while growing up. I am proud of their parents and especially proud of the grandchildren.

Here's some info about David from the Champlain College Alumni magazine.

David Lee Fiddler

What a great trip we had to Burlington, VT, several years ago for David's graduation.

Hi, My name is David and I make noise and push pixles for fun! Professionally I am a Sound Designer/ Composer, and an Interaction Designer/ Art Director. My goal has always been to craft meaningful sonic and visual experiences. When you boil it all down I just want to create awesome stuff!

I am proficient in Adobe's suite of tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Audition, and After Effects. Along with that, I am also well versed in Cinema 4D, Processing, and have a background working in HTML 5, CSS and Javascript. I have professional experience with multiple DAWs including Apple Logic Pro, Pro Tools, and Ableton Live as a sound designer for Interactive media and film.

For fun I enjoy hacking stuff to do things it's not supposed to do, writing music, reading and living an active lifestyle.

Check out my Vimeo Page for some of the cool stuff I've worked on! Lets create something awesome together!

  • EDUCATION
    • Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts
    • Champlain College

Some info on Kevin

Kevin graduated from the U of Connecticut in May of this year completing a major in Economics and a minor in Geographic Information Science in three years. He joined the CT National Guard after HS to help finance his college expenses. The wife and I made it to FT Sill, OK, for Kevin's graduation from Army Boot Camp. Son Matthew and I made it to FT. Huachuca, AZ, for his graduation from Tech school there.

Kosovo https://shape.nato.int/ongoingoperations/nato-mission-in-kosovo-kfor-

Still needed': Nato marks 20 years in Kosovo | Kosovo | The Guardian
Kosovo https://shape.nato.int/ongoingoperations/nato-mission-in-kosovo-kfor-

His Unit

Fort Sill, Military Base | Military.com
https://sill-www.army.mil/

Ft Huachuca https://home.army.mil/huachuca/index.php

Fort Huachuca, AZ (ARIZONA) – U.S. Army Bases – History, Locations, Maps &  Photos
https://home.army.mil/huachuca/index.php


I used the below info in a Blog way back in 2013, I must share it once again, it is well worth a read. 

If you have children, or ever plan on having them, this is a must read.

Neil Gaiman: Why our future depends on libraries, reading and daydreaming

A lecture explaining why using our imaginations, and providing for others to use theirs, is an obligation for all citizens.

Neil Gaiman

Tue 15 Oct 2013 14.51 BST

It's important for people to tell you what side they are on and why, and whether they might be biased. A declaration of members' interests, of a sort. So, I am going to be talking to you about reading. I'm going to tell you that libraries are important. I'm going to suggest that reading fiction, that reading for pleasure, is one of the most important things one can do. I'm going to make an impassioned plea for people to understand what libraries and librarians are and to preserve both of these things.

And I am biased, obviously and enormously: I'm an author, often an author of fiction. I write for children and for adults. For about 30 years I have been earning my living through my words, mostly by making things up and writing them down. It is obviously in my interest for people to read, for them to read fiction, for libraries and librarians to exist and help foster a love of reading and places in which reading can occur.

So I'm biased as a writer. But I am much, much more biased as a reader. And I am even more biased as a British citizen.

And I'm here giving this talk tonight, under the auspices of the Reading Agency: a charity whose mission is to give everyone an equal chance in life by helping people become confident and enthusiastic readers. Which supports literacy programs, and libraries and individuals and nakedly and wantonly encourages the act of reading. Because, they tell us, everything changes when we read.

And it's that change, and that act of reading that I'm here to talk about tonight. I want to talk about what reading does. What it's good for.

( To read the rest of the story, please go here 🙂

Once more i ask that you please check on the elderly. If you haven't had your Covid shot, please think of getting one. Please don't forget support for our first

Semper Fi theRooster